Native Community Food Distributions
Over 65% of urban Natives living in Santa Fe experience food insecurity issues due to the high cost of living. Food is now available at the following locations:
The Santa Fe Indigenous Center distributes FREE bags of groceries and care bundles every other week at our Santa Fe location.
Check out https://www.krqe.com/health/coronavirus-new-mexico/food-distribution-held-for-native-american-community/
Follow us on Facebook and join our mailing list to receive the latest updates.
Our 2022 Native Community Food Distributions are 10am-12pm @ 1420 Cerrillos Road in Santa Fe –
- April 14, April 29
- May 13, May 27 (subject to change)
- June 10, June 24
- July 8, July 22
- Aug. 5, Aug. 26
- Sept. 9, Sept. 23
- Oct. 7, Oct 21
- Nov. 4, Nov 18
- Dec 2, Dec 16
Emergency Financial Assistance
The Santa Fe Indigenous Center provides Emergency Financial Assistance to the Native community of Santa Fe for those experiencing extreme financial hardships. Over the years the Santa Fe Indigenous Center has helped with funeral costs, eye glasses, food, emergency travel, utilities about to being shut off, eviction costs and more. If you would like more information or to see if you qualify for assistance, call 505-660-4210.
Click Here to submit emergency financial assistance application online.
Clothing & Food Distribution
The Santa Fe Indigenous Center distributes clothing, household and health items when available. If you are interested in donating or are in need of donations, call the office 505-660-4210.
The Santa Fe Indigenous Center serves as a resource center for those seeking special services. We have lists of organizations that provide assistance with rent, food centers, low-cost housing, medical services, services for children & babies and more. If you are in need any special services, please call our office at 505-660-4210.
Mental Health Resources
- Tewa Roots Society
- The Sky Center
- StrongHearts Native Helpline – Domestic and Sexual Violence
- Addictions Treatment Self Guided Roadmap | 5-Actions Program™
- Native Wellness
- Native Led Resource Map designed by Roanhorse Consulting sisters: https://www.nmnativeledorgs.com/
- AASTEC COVID 19 FREE educational materials: http://db.aastec.net/covid-19/edumat.html
- AASTEC Mental Health Awareness Resource – https://www.aastec.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Mental_Health_COVID19_FinalDraft-1.pdf
- Mental Health Resources: https://www.cdd.unm.edu/cddlearn/ddsd/aneaw/resources/assistance/Mental_Health_Resources.pdf
Other Native health resources:
- Albuquerque Area Indian Health Board
- Albuquerque Area Southwest Tribal Epidemiology Center
- Indian Affairs Department
- Indian Health Service
- Indian Health Service (Navajo Area)
- Indian Health Service Albuquerque Area
- Indian Pueblo Cultural Center
- National Congress of American Indians
- National Indian Child Welfare Association
- National Indian Education Association
- National Indian Health Board
- National Tribal Emergency Management Council
- State Tribal Collaboration Act
- Think Cultural Health
- Tribal Epidemiology Centers
- Urban Indian Health Institute